My friend’s husband Darrin had made this several times. Everytime he does, I always hear about how delicious it is from Megan. After having the recipe sitting in my inbox for months, I finally got around to making it. I’m glad I did. It’s easy to make, healthy and has the perfect kick of spicy.
- 8 Tbsp water
- 4 Tbsp ketchup
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/5 tsp ground ginger
- 1Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 ounces cooked shrimp, tails removed
- 1 large bag frozen stir-fry vegetables
- In a bowl, stir together water, ketchup, soy sauce, cornstarch, honey, crushed red pepper, and ground ginger. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in green onions and garlic; cook 30 seconds.
- Stir in shrimp, and toss to coat with oil.
- Stir in sauce.
- Stir in bag of frozen vegetables.
- Cook and stir until sauce is bubbly and thickened.
I served this atop some cooked quinoa. Thanks Darrin and Megan for the great recipe!