I had bought some lobster tails for dinner but everywhere I looked told me that I needed to grill them. I don’t have a grill. Hmph! Finally, with Brian’s aid I found an uncomplicated “How to broil lobster tails in the oven” article. Success!
Let’s get to it:
- Defrost lobster tails overnight in the refrigerator
- Preheat the broiler. Make sure the rack is at least 5in from the heat source.
- Flatten the lobster tail on a cutting board. Beginning at the WIDE end(not the tail end!), cut the shell down the middle and bend back to expose the meat. Rinse out any innards that are left.
- Coat a shallow baking dish with non-stick spray and lay lobsters meat side up.
- Create the marinade. In a small sauce pan, saute one clove of minced garlic and 2 tablespoons of butter(I used I can’t believe it’s not butter light as a healthier option and it worked well). When melted down, pour in to a bowl and add any combination of lemon zest, salt, pepper and/or parsley. Brush or pour marinade on lobster.
- Place lobster tails under the broiler and watch carefully. Broil for about 4 minutes then flip so shell side is up and broil for about 4 more minutes. Meat will be opaque and shell will be bright red when done.
Low-fat Red Potato Salad
- 3 lbs small red potatoes, steamed and diced into edible sized cubes
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 3 medium radishes, finely diced
- 1/4 cup vinegar(I would cut back about a Tbl on this)
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 dash pepper
- Mix everything but the potatoes, radish and celery together until smooth.
- Add in potatoes, radish and celery.
- Chill for 2 hours and enjoy.