Adapted from WeightWatchers.com:
- 3 T BBQ sauce
- 2 T chopped fresh cilantro(I used more because I LOVE it)
- 1 1/2 T fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tsp orange zest(more for garnish if you desire)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 pound shrimp, extra-large, peeled and deveined
- fruit/vegetables of your liking cut into chunks(I used orange and yellow bell peppers, baby portabellas, cherry tomatoes, red onion and pineapple)
- cooking spray
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 20 minutes
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together barbecue sauce, cilantro, orange zest and juice, vinegar and cumin.
- Off heat, coat grill rack with cooking spray; heat grill.
- Thread 2 or 3 shrimp onto a skewer with an assortment of vegetables of your liking. Spoon sauce over skewer and let marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- Grill skewers, turning as needed, just until shrimp are cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes. Remove to serving plates or a platter sprinkle with orange zest (optional).
**photo taken from weightwatchers.com