On my last morning in Iowa, my mom and I decided to make gummy worms. An extremely quick and easy recipe. I wasn’t particularly fond of them, but my god-daughters loved them. I thought they tasted much like Knox blocks. It’s a recipe I will keep around because of the versatility of shapes that can be made. It could easily be used for decoration on a fun themed drink.
- 2 packets of plain gelatin
- 2 packages of sugar-free flavored jello
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 packet of Kool-aid, use if you want to make them sour gummies(I did not use it)
- Boil water.
- Once one cup of water is boiling, mix in packets of jello and gelatin…and kool-aid if you are using it.
- Stir well. It takes a lot of stirring to get everything dissolved.
- Pour into an 8×8 pan(or fun shaped molds). I lined mine with foil to make it easy to take out of the pan.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Pull out and cut into strips or shapes.