I love buffalo chicken. It was the only meat item I craved while I was a vegetarian. I craved it so much that I made batches and batches of buffalo tofu. Just not the same, but still delicious.
I had seen several recipes for some sort of buffalo chicken with some sort of bleu cheese middle. I combined several recipes to make it more healthy, leaving off breading and frying. I did increase the bleu cheese mixture slightly, as the only negative reviews of the recipe that I took the mixture from said that there wasn’t enough of the cheesy goodness.
- 4 4oz chicken breasts, pounded flat
- 1 bottle of your favorite wing sauce
- 1 cup bleu cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoon reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Place pounded-out chicken breasts in a one-gallon ziplock bag. Add enough buffalo sauce to sufficiently cover breasts when tossed. Marinate for 30-90 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix bleu cheese, sour cream, lemon juice and pepper in a bowl. Set aside.
- Spray cooking sheet with non-stick oil or use non-stick foil and cover baking sheet. Place chicken breasts flat on cooking sheet.
- Spoon 1/4 of bleu cheese mixture in the middle of each breast. Fold breasts over, keeping bleu cheese mixture from seeping out too much. Alternatively, you could split the breast open and stuff it with bleu cheese mixture instead of pounding out the breast. Drizzle more buffalo sauce on top of breast, if desired.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350F or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Serve while hot, bubbly and delicious.
The pictures do not represent how tasty this chicken actually is.