Wow. These mushrooms took my enjoyment for mushrooms to a whole new level. Broiling them was a very quick method to cooking them that left the mushrooms flavorful, moist and meaty. If I loved them on their own, I can only imagine how good these would be on top of a pizza or accompanying steak or chicken.
- Turn broiler on.
- Wipe 8oz of mushrooms clean.
- Toss with 1-2 tsp of olive oil or spray liberally with olive oil cooking spray.
- Place smooth side down on cooking sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Broil for 3-4 minutes.
- Pull sheet out of oven and turn mushrooms over so stem side is down.
- Broil for 3-4 additional minutes
That’s all you have to do to have perfectly cooked mushrooms. Easy to use as a side or in other recipes. Happy broiling.