I am enjoying the hot breakfasts included in week 2 of the detox.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 6 kale leaves, stems removed, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 14 ounce package organic, firm tofu, drained and crumbled
Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic, onion, turmeric and ginger until tender, 3-4 minutes.
Stir in kale and 1/4 cup water. Cook until greens are bright green and tender, about 2 minutes.
Add crumbled tofu. Stir to mix in and cook until heated thru, about 5 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper.
Makes 4 servings. Good news, you just made a hot breakfast for yourself for the week.