Do you have a spring gathering that requires bringing food? Do you really want to wow them? Perhaps a baby or bridal shower? Make blueberry tarragon chicken salad. This is afresh, simple and flavorful recipe that you would expect to get in an upscale cafe. Now, you can make it at home. Recipe adapted from Our Life in the Kitchen.
- 2 lbs chicken tenderloin, cooked and diced
- 2 green onions, white and light green parts, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh or dried tarragon
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 4 oz blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 light extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup pomegranate vinegar(or blueberry or blue pom)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup cream
- black pepper to taste
In a large bowl, combine diced chicken, green onions, 3/4 cup blueberries, tarragon and blue cheese. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, muddle 1/4 cup blueberries and sugar.
Add the oil, vinegar, poppy seeds and a little black pepper.
Whisk it all together.
Whisk in the cream.
Pour over the chicken mixture. Stir until just combined.
Maybe before you started making this, you also made some fast baguettes. And maybe they were coming out of the oven just as you finished mixing everything. Coincidence? Perhaps. Probably not.
Serve atop a bed of greens with a chunk of fresh baguette on the side. It would be great on a croissant or the baguette as well.