I feel like I have been a lazy bum lately. My laziness has inspired me to set some goals.
When I first started making the list, all the goals seemed to be geared toward all of the foods I wanted to make and eat this summer. After looking over the list, I would have to run a marathon every week to not weigh 400 pounds by the end of the summer. Time to rework the goals.
Guidelines: To complete goals by Sept 21, 2012(the last calendar day of summer).
1) My first goal is to complete 3 half marathons this summer. Notice I didn’t say run 3 half marathons this summer. I actually have a half marathon in 2 weeks. Unfortunately, I have fallen off the training wagon. If I was able to run the whole thing, I would be really amazed with myself. I don’t think I will be able to. I would like to be able to run the 2nd and 3rd half marathons of the summer, though.
2) I want to be able to do a chin-up. Yes, like old school gym class, hang from a bar and pull myself up. I have always had horrible upper body/arm strength. I want to focus on getting Michelle Obama arms this summer. Have you seen her arms? Perfectly toned. Ok, maybe they won’t look like that by the end of the summer but I would like them to be closer to that than they are now.
3) I want to eat breakfast by the lake at least once. Yep, I live in this great city on this huge lake and I don’t take advantage of it nearly enough.
4) I want to make 3 crafts off of my Pinterest boards. I have pinned several things, but don’t think I have made anything that I have pinned yet. What’s the friggin’ point?
5) I want to do a 3 day green juice cleanse. Maybe it will last longer than 3 days, who knows, but that would be the starting point. I think they can be a good way to reset your system.
6) I want to have a dinner party at our house. Brian and I live in a pretty big place(for living in the city) and we never have people over. I love to cook but never really cook for other people. I need to do it.
7) Providing my plants produce, or even if they don’t…I would like to can/freeze a few things to have quality produce for the winter.
What are your goals for the summer? Don’t have any? Think about setting some. It gives you a little more purpose and helps get things you want to do checked off the list.