When I went to open up WordPress today, I realized that my next post would be my 400th(that’s this post!) since I switched over to WordPress. Wow. I can’t believe that I started blogging almost 8 years ago on Blogger when I moved to Chicago. When I started blogging, I never would have guessed that I would be blogging 8 years later or that it would have morphed into a food blog.I didn’t even like to cook when I moved here.
Speaking of food…the weekend is when I get to do the most cooking and creating. So, what’s on the agenda for the next few days?
- It’s my last shift at Rush hospital, so after this weekend, there will be no more work on the weekends. Yay.
- I start my water aquatics class on Sunday. Yay for pool time with girlfriends!
- With those things to plan around, I have some ground turkey in the fridge to use up. I’ve been eyeing a few recipes but am leaning towards a Chinese style meatball.
- I have almonds soaking to make more almond milk.
- I love iced coffee in the summer. I want to make my first batch of cold brew iced coffee. Iced coffee ready for me every morning when I wake up? Yes, please.
- I would also like to make a breakfast bake to have ready for me to eat during the week.
- Maybe search my Pinterest pin boards and conquer one more of those recipes/crafts.
- Oh and since it’s supposed to thunder-storm all weekend, I might start watching this fairly unknown show called Game of Thrones that my boyfriend has been harassing me to watch? See that? I just did sarcasm.
- Oh, and maybe work on some plans for the 4th of July. That’s next week already.
What’s on your weekend schedule?