A friend posted a link to this recipe after raving about it. Being a kale and mushroom lover I thought I’d give it a shot. I was short a few ingredients, so I had to adapt it a bit.
- 3/4 pound of kale, thinly sliced(I didn’t remove the stems, you can)
- 8 oz of crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 teaspoons amino acids or soy sauce
- sesame seeds, optional
In a large skillet, heat the oil until shimmering. Add in kale and mushrooms and saute for 5-8 minutes, stirring often. You want the vegetables softened and tender.
Season with salt.
Add in garlic and red pepper flakes. Stir constantly until fragrant but not browned.
Add rice and cook another 2 minutes.
Add soy sauce and cook another 30 seconds.
Top with sesame seeds if desired and serve.
This meal is hearty enough to serve on its own or you can cut down on the portion size and serve it as a side. Think of the vitamins, mineral and antioxidants you are getting from the kale and mushrooms! Yumm.