This is an easy and flavorful recipe that I lightened up. Perfect for a quick lunch for unexpected guests or as smaller sandwiches/roll-ups for a party.
I lightened up the recipe by substituting plain Greek yogurt for the mayonnaise and Brian didn’t even notice.
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise(regular or low-fat)
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons tarragon
- dash of salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries(I used strawberries)
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts of choice(I used almonds sunflower seeds and cashews)
- 6 oz of shredded chicken
Mix everything except the nuts, dried fruit, and shredded chicken in a bowl.
Taste and adjust flavors as necessary.
Stir in nuts and dried fruit.
Toss with chicken. Let refrigerate for about an hour(if you have the time) to let the flavors mingle.
Serve on delicious bread or in pieces of lettuce for lighter fare.